Are you a freelance writer?
It’s a fantastic way to earn a living. We know because we did it for years ourselves.
These days we’re just as likely to be commissioning a writer to produce an article or blog post as we are to be writing one ourselves, so we’re always looking for talented and experienced people to join our global freelance writer network.
We work with clients across a huge variety of industries, all over the world, so we love hearing from writers with niche experience or areas of special interest. But a good generalist with solid writing skills will always be welcome around the ol’ campfire at Typeset, too.
We also like to hear from experienced editors and qualified proofreaders.
How can I freelance for Typeset?
If you think you’d like to work with Typeset, please send us the following:
- An up-to-date CV (including non-writing jobs — you never know how relevant that year you spent fruit-picking might be)
- A portfolio of four or more items of work you’ve written (links are fine. Please try to show variety, if you can, in both subject area and style/form. But if we have to read four articles about accountancy software, we will. Trust us; we’ve done it before)
- Details of any areas of specialty or niche experience (include the quirky stuff. You never know when we’ll need to send a writer to Comic-Con or a tractor pull)
- An idea of where you are in the world (we don’t mind where it is. We even have one writer who is backpacking around the world and filing from café wi-fi. It’s just handy for us to know for time zones)
- Contact information for at least one editor you’ve written for recently (we will actually call them, so please let them know)
- Your rate card (we believe in paying our writers fairly and in a timely manner. We work with a range of rates dependent on experience and quality, but it’s good to have a starting point to kick off the conversation.)
We look forward to hearing from you!
(We promise we’re not scary.)
Dan and Sarah
Founders (and still freelancers at heart)